Art Director, Cinematics
Capacity is seeking an experienced cinematics Art Director to join our fully remote team!
We are a friendly creative agency with a sweet spot in the gaming industry. We have the honor of regularly partnering with a wide range of amazing IPs through ongoing collaborations with the likes of Epic Games, Psyonix, Nintendo, Riot Games, Wizards of the Coast, and more. Each project brings new adventures, and each member of our relatively small but mighty team is given the opportunity to make a huge impact. Our inclusive and supportive culture fosters an environment where our artists can express their unique creative voices and learn from one another, while working together to constantly push the quality bar higher. And we do all of this from the comfort of our own WFH setups, with the goal of creating the optimum quality of life / professional fulfillment balance.
What we’re looking for:
Your work should demonstrate a refined and masterful aesthetic sensibility, strong conceptual thinking, and in general the ability to create visuals that are engaging and inspiring. You are comfortable with all stages of the creative process, you are passionate about your craft, and you love the challenge of pushing artistic boundaries. In addition to your artistic talents, you are a great communicator, a genuinely friendly and honest person, and you deeply value inspired creative collaboration. In a leadership role, you love bringing out the best in the artists that you work with, and believe that the process should be rewarding for all involved.
- Bring your best artistic, conceptual, and technical abilities to Capacity projects.
- Lead cinematics team using inspired creative vision and great communication / delegation skills.
- Take a very hands-on approach to the creative process – this role is equal parts creating and art directing.
- Collaborate seamlessly with fellow remote team members, providing art direction and actionable feedback, as well as providing hands-on project support and mentorship.
- Support client communications (along with Senior Producer, Creative Directors, and Production Coordinator) to ensure the highest level of partnership and alignment.
- Create engaging and visually stunning cinematics that resonate with our target audiences, impress our clients, and inspire the rest of the team.
- Experience leading the creation of high-end cinematics / animations, ideally for AAA games.
- Master-level understanding of cinematic pipelines with hands-on expertise in multiple areas. Massive bonus points if Unreal Engine is involved.
- Experience dealing with character-based, motion capture workflows.
- Advanced natural artistic talent with a great sense of form, composition, color, storytelling, lighting, and animation.
- Proactive approach, requiring minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking and the ability to clearly express and execute creative ideas.
- Ability to successfully give, receive, and apply creative feedback.
- Personality and communication skills to thrive in a team environment.
- Grit, determination, and a sense of deep pride in your work.
- Desire to be a part of the creative process at all levels, even outside your comfort zone.
- Passion for storytelling / video games / animation / film.
What we offer:
- Enrollment to our full team profit share program - this is an annual profit share bonus that is shared amongst the team at the end of the financial year.
- Comprehensive health insurance plans.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- 401(k) with match.
- Flexible time off program.
- Remote worker reimbursement.
- A one time $1,000 home office allowance.
- Membership to Naturebox.com and $50 monthly credit for snacks.
- Company-provided high-end PC workstation during tenure.
Capacity embraces equal opportunity, and we cherish the diversity of perspectives and backgrounds that make us who we are. With every opportunity to grow, we seek to build upon that dynamic as we search for fresh creative voices to welcome into our team.
We have extremely high expectations in regards to quality of work, originality + imagination, technical abilities, communication skills, and overall pride in making the best thing possible through dynamic and rewarding collaboration. We’ve been very intentional about creating a culture that is simultaneously nurturing and challenging in all the best ways. If that sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
* Benefits list applies to US residents. International arrangements may vary. ** In compliance with federal law, all persons hired that are living within the United States will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.